- Blackout - (Also, Coverall) A pattern where you must cover the whole card to win.
- Bonanza - A progressive coverall Jackpot that is usually played as the 13th game of the session. Forty-five numbers are drawn before the session and players mark them on separate cards and set aside. There is an additional fee to play this game, usually $1. The countdown begins at 48 numbers or less and go up one number per week to 52 numbers or until won. The amount of the jackpot is determined by card sales for that game.
- Caller - The person who calls out the bingo numbers.
- Chat Room - A handy monitor or screen where you can read and exchange messages with other players.
- Coverall - (Also Blackout) A pattern where you must cover the whole card to win.
- Dauber - Bingo dauber is ink-filled bottle/pen with a foam tip on it used to mark called numbers. When you touch the bingo card with the foam tip it marks the square. (See picture above)
- Early Bird Game - A bingo game that starts earlier than another regularly scheduled game.
- Free Space - The center square of the card. It's like a Joker. You get it free every game and it counts towards your winning pattern.
- Game Board - The display board above your card(s) that shows you the balls in play.
- Game Room - Some online games divide the players into game rooms.
- G.T.I., T.E.D. - An electronic dauber system used to play multiple packs at once. These usually require a rental fee and only one is allowed per player.
- Hardway Bingo (Hard-way Bingo) - Bingo in a straight line without the use of the free space.
- Jackpot - A big prize usually awarded for achieving a difficult pattern, such as a blackout, within a specified number of balls.
- Minimum Buy-in - The least amount you must spend to be eligible for prizes.
- Money Ball - A number drawn before the game that will double a player's winnings if bingo is hit on that number.
- Pattern - The shape you need to cover on your card with called out numbers, usually it is a straight line.
- Progressive Jackpot - A Jackpot that gets bigger until it is won. There is usually a separate buy-in for Progressive Jackpot games.
- Rainbow Pack - A paper pack that allows players to play for three or four different prize denominations at once.
- Six-pack, Nine-pack - Six or nine numbers in a block on one card.
- T.E.D., G.T.I. - An electronic dauber system used to play multiple packs at once. These usually require a rental fee and only one is allowed per player.
- Validation - Eligibility required to win additional jackpot amounts. Price varies by number of cards played.
- Wild Number - Usually played on a double bingo that leads into a triple bingo. The first number out of the hopper determines the wild number; for example, if 42 is drawn, all numbers ending in 2 should be marked off.